The records on Brazil are extensive and the best part is that they are available for free to review. Since they make the records available at no charge, I ask that you volunteer for one of the many projects they have to help others in their research. To help, simply click on the Indexing link at the top of the website.
So now back to Brazil, these links are descriptive below and go beyond just civil records. The miscellaneous records for Rio Grande do Sul contain marriage records as well as court records. This is a goldmine of information as it has close to 3 million records for those of you researching your ancestry in such a large country. As previously posted on prior posts, visit http://www.genealogianuestra.com/2017/01/where-to-find-church-records-for-us.html to understand how to view the records, it's an easy to follow tutorial.
So now that you have viewed the above post, here are the digitized images for church records throughout Brazil. Hopefully you read my prior post for Brazil.
Desktop: To see other blog posts for your island or country, click on the menu that appears at the top right of this post. It will take you to the page containing posts for your island or country.
Mobile Devices (Smartphone & Tablets): To see other blog posts for your island or country, at the top of the page, click on the "Most Recent Post", a popup menu will appear, select an option. It will take you to the page containing posts for your island or country.
Many of these links have searchable databases so I recommend that you use both options.
If you're looking for ancestors that entered the country at some point in time, here are some records for different States in Brazil.
- Bahia Passenger Lists, 1855 - 1964
- Rio de Janeiro Immigration Cards 1900 - 1965
- São Paulo Immigrant Hostelry Records 1882 -1925
- São Paulo Immigration Cards 1902 - 1980
- São Paulo Port of Santos - Passenger and Immigrant Lists, 1960 - 1982
Here are some burial records that are available online:
Finally last but far from minimizing them, the following are civil registration records available.
- Paraná Civil Registration 1852 - 1996
- Paraíba Civil Registration 1879 - 2007
- Pernambuco Civil Registration 1804 - 2014
- Piauí Civil Registration 1875 - 2013
- Rio de Janeiro Civil Registration 1829 - 2012
- Santa Catarina Civil Registration 1850 - 1999