Mobile Devices (Smartphone & Tablets): To see other blog posts for your island or country, at the top of the page, click on the "Most Recent Post", a popup menu will appear, select an option. It will take you to the page containing posts for your island or country.
Was hoping that I would be able to post one more island before classes start for me on Monday, however my weekend proved to be too busy. I will not be able to post again until Spring break as I'm in classes full time and studying for a certification exam.
However, I failed to mentioned for many Caribbean island posts here that there are some common databases that are searchable for everyone. The following links are databases that cover the entire Caribbean. Take a look at the databases if you haven't used them in the past. It is a hit or miss but never skip over it.
All Caribbean Islands:
- Caribbean Births and Baptism 1590 - 1928
- Caribbean Deaths and Burials 1790 - 1906
- Caribbean Marriages 1591 - 1905
- BillionGraves - This one is global, so definitely a good resource & constantly updated
- Census Links
- Slave ship sailors and their captive cargoes, 1730-1807
- Testing the chains : resistance to slavery in the British West Indies
The Candoo Forums also maintains a great forum for surnames for all of the Caribbean; this includes Guyana, Venezuela, and Mexico (Caribbean facing). The forum is split by country/island names.
GuyanaChinese in Guyana: Their Roots - Make sure that when you visit the Passenger page that you click on ship's name as it will lead to the list of people on the ship and to ancestors.
JamaicaJamaica Registrar General
University of West Indies